Revelation

I have read Revelation more than any other book in the bible. I find the description of Jesus Christ in all His terrible glory almost unbearable. When I pause to think that He exchanged that Glory for complete degradation on my behalf, I weep.



I do not believe that Jesus Christ struck terror into His beloved disciple, John's heart, for the sake of an allegory. I believe the message Jesus delivered to John is true. I believe the reality of those scriptures are unfolding before the eyes of all humanity. Today as I write this blog I believe the key pieces are being put rapidly into place.



So, why does the behavior in the church bother me so much if I believe that the people of God are not appointed for His wrath.



I have to say passages like Luke 21:34-36 give me pause for thought. Why after telling His disciples about the destruction of the temple in 70 AD, moving on to the signs that will herald His next coming, then segueing into the future restoration of Israel in the parable of the fig tree, does He warn them to pray they be counted worthy to escape?



Jesus is not speaking about the destruction of the temple here because in Luke 21:35, He makes this point

"For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth."

The destruction of the temple came on those who were dwelling in Jerusalem not the whole earth. I believe this passage of scripture is referring to the Day of God's Wrath. I also believe the escape He is referring to is the rapture.


Another passage that also gives me great concern is found in the letters to the 7 churches of Revelation. It is the letter to the church at Thyatira. My New King James Bible has subtitles. The subtitle for the church of Thyatira is "The Corrupt Church." Jesus has a few things against that church.



This is the passage

Revelation 2:18-24 "And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write, 'These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass: 19 "I know your works, love, service, faith, and your patience; and as for your works, the last are more than the first. 20 "Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and beguile My servants to commit sexual immorality and to eat things sacrificed to idols. 21 "An I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent. 22 "Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. 23 " And I will kill her children with death. And all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works. 24 "But to you I say, and to the rest in Thyatira, as many as do not have this doctrine, and who have not known the depths of Satan, as they call them, I will put on you no other burden."



This bothers me deeply. I do hear of people commiting sexual sins in the highly popular prophetic signs and wonders movement. But it seems to be the exception not the rule. However, the people are sinning against Jesus Christ their Bridegroom by adulterating His teachings and the rest of the Word of God.



There are stories I have heard of women making bridal bowers for encounters with Jesus. Our relationship to Jesus is not sexual it is spiritual. Where is this insanity coming from, except from the doctrines of demons. Isn't that what Jezebel represents - doctrines of the demon Baal in all his many forms?



For todays Christian the Word of God is our "food." How many Christians are partaking of "food" that the source is not Holy Writ? One very popular modern day "prophet" publishes his monthly words from the Lord. Most of his "prophecies" are littered with Jewish Mysticism directly from the Kabbalah. He has been confronted over and over and simply denies that he is getting his words from the Kabbalah. His dedicated followers believe him and cry, "but look at the fruit." Apparently, it is okay if people at these meetings are running around crowing like chickens and barking like dogs as long as other people are getting their inner healings, salvations, physical healings, dreams interpreted, etc. And how much of that is legitimately transpiring and how much is just a feel good reaction to all the hype.



This same "prophet" never misses and opportunity to hawk his latest book. To me it seems as though the prophetic movement is totally under the influence of Jezebel. The people we have confronted with the word of God about this movement get extremely defensive. They do not want to leave it but hang on to the empty promises of grand riches and becoming important people in the kingdom of God.



These people believe they are entering into the supernatural realm of God but the realm they are entering is the "depths of Satan." The Amplified Bible puts it in Revelation 2:24 ". . . who have not explored and known the depths of Satan, . . ." The Complete Jewish Bible phrases it Revelation 2:24 ". . . who have not learned what some people call the 'deep things' of the Adversary, . . ." And the New International Version, Revelation 2:24 ". . . and have not learned Satan's so-called deep secrets . . ."



What deep secrets? I believe opening portals is a deep secret of Satan's. An open portal allows demonic beings to enter our realm. What about those who claim to have trips to Heaven and Hell -- what portals are they going through to gain these experiences.



Where does all the gemstones, gold dust, angel feathers, etc. come from? If they are real and not being planted by charlatans from a demonic realm. There is simply no record in the canon of scripture of such silly things. And I am a silly woman for ever believing God was doing such things.



I was watching a video from the above unnamed "prophet" with this woman dancing around like an African witchdoctor. I was informed that this was the real thing of God that had been perverted by the witchdoctors. I am watching an elderly white woman dressed in a ridiculous outfit that actually looked like something King George might have worn in the 1700s. She is shaking little funny white things with feathers or something similar hanging off the end of the little white things. And she is dancing around like an African witchdoctor. I am thinking to myself, if it looks like a witchdoctor, dances like a witchdoctor and acts like a witchdoctor, then it is a witchdoctor.



There is a saying among the Christian Church that Satan cannot create anything he can only pervert God's creation. However, for a Christian to emmulate the perversion and call it sanctified because they are embracing it, is an obscenity and a slap in the face of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entering the Gates and Courts of God

Pact with the Devil? Null and Void!! How?

What is in a name? "Twilight's" name game.