Baal-zebub "lord of those that fly" - so which Angels are Flying in and out of Your Llife?

Baal-zebub (lord of the fly) or as Tom Horn cited, "lord of those that fly."



How did that Baal invade my life? How did I give way to invite those that fly to access my being? Are you crazy for angels? Why? Where are the instructions in the bible for initiating direct contact with angels? Honestly, I don't recall any. But I do remember Galatians 1:6-8 (NKJ) I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.

I shudder to think how easily I turned away from the gospel of Jesus Christ. The one who bled and died for me to go chasing after angelic encounters. It seems to be a craze across much of the charismatic church -- if you praise God long enough, if you dance longe enough, if you pray long enough, if you sing long enough, then maybe God will bless you with angelic beings showing up to bring gifts from the heavenly kingdom.

I danced with my banners and worship hoop. I sang and wept. Shofars were blown anything for just one outstanding supernatural event to occur. To hear angels singing with the congregation. Surely, soon now something will happen. Everything was centered around the hope for the supernatural. A glory cloud, gold dust, gemstones, chariot rides, glory glitter, gold teeth, etc. Please, please, please God give us a taste of the supernatural.

It was like a circus. I cringe as I write this. How could I forget that God is a Holy Sovereign God?

Do I believe in the supernatural? Do I believe in miracles? Yes, an emphatic yes! Do, I believe if I do all the right things that I can move God to perform supernatural signs and wonders for me? Absolutely NOT! God is indeed sovereign.

I am reminded once again of Elijah and the prophets of Baal at the showdown on Mount Carmel.

I Kings 18:26-29 So they took the bull which was given them, and they prepared it, and called on the name of Baal from morning even till noon, saying, "O Baal, hear us!" But there was no voice; no one answered. And they leaped about the altar which they had made. 27 And so it was, at noon, that Elijah mocked them and said, "Cry aloud, for he is a god; either he is meditating, or he is busy, or he is on a journey, or perhaps he is sleeping and must be awakened." 28 So they cried aloud, and cut themselves, as was their custom, with knives and lances, until the blood gushed out on them. 29 And it was so, when midday was past, that they prophesied until the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice. But there was no voice; no one answered, no one paid attention.

Many of the people of God at these prophetic conferences could easily be confused with the prophets of Baal. Leaping all about, weeping, crying, praying, sword thrusting, dancing around like witchdoctors, worshipping with the sounds of the planets as recorded from space (more like worshipping the planets). Does the supernatural occur at these spectacles? It's hard to know the truth. Many have been exposed with seeding a meeting place with gemstones, using fake feathers and glitter as gold dust. Is some of it real, probably, but it is the source that is questionable. Are these various supernatural manifestations coming from "those who fly" under the jurisdiction of Satan? Or do they come from God? This is where discernment is the key. What is being preached? Is it the gospel of Jesus Christ which leads to repentance and salvation? Or is it an all out crazed event with one goal in mind to bring on the supernatural? I would say the second has the probability of bringing out the supernatural, but not from God.

What is the results of being involved in these movements? One thing I notice is people spend a lot of money traveling to these conferences, buying their products, which in turns takes time away from their families and money out of their budgets. And I often wonder how people are able to take so much time off from work to attend these conferences, seminars, training schools.

I've heard of people having angelic encounters and the next thing you know they are involved in affairs and getting divorces. I do not believe this is evidence of productive endeavors.

For myself personally, I begin to experience something I had not experienced for a very long time. It would happen between that time of waking and sleeping. I would find myself paralyzed and an entity would appear exuding such malevolence that I knew immediately I was being attacked by a demon. The only way to break the paralysis was to call on the name of Jesus and rebuke the entity. That is easier said than done but, eventually I would get out the words, "I rebuke you in Jesus name!" The episode would end immediately.

A hallmark of many of these meetings is to receive impartations from others and receive prophetic words. And yet the bible warns in
I Timothy 5:22 Do not lay hands on anyone hastily, nor share in other people's sins: keep yourself pure.
So here's the body of Christ running around just looking for any opportunity to lay their hands on someone, anyone and vice versa.

We, the body of Christ seem to be completely out of order. We have either forgotten what the Word of God says, are ignoring it, or never knew it to begin with.

I am so thankful to the one who died for me, Jesus Christ. I would never had seen the truth if He was not watching over me. Protecting me from myself.

All I can say is READ THE BIBLE. Check the BIBLE to make sure what you are involved in is found within it's pages and sanctioned by Jesus Christ and HIS disciples who became our apostles.

Comments

Carolyn said…
By their fruit you shall know them

Popular posts from this blog

Entering the Gates and Courts of God

Pact with the Devil? Null and Void!! How?

What is in a name? "Twilight's" name game.