Reflections Chapter 2



I met many wonderful, kind and gentle Christians at these events. I believe they are sincere in their love of Jesus. Many of them have deep holes of hurt. Some have a sincere desire to teach and share that love. Others have terrible diseases and are in desperate need of a miracle. I don't think they are blithely entering into Baal worship, or even recognize it for what it is.

Growing up in the Assembly of God denomination I was made to feel that I was in constant peril of Hell. Anyone outside of our denomination was definitely Hellbound. There seemed to be much suspicion between those whose doctrine was different.

Hell was a common theme growing up and the avoidance of it was the focus of my church experience. However, the pastors failed to communicate to me much hope of missing that destination. Therefore, as a mid-teen, I no longer saw the point in trying to stay out of Hell. It simply seemed impossible.

God was able to reveal the Grace of Jesus Christ to me. The unmerited favor that was granted to me when Jesus hung on that cross for my sins. God through the Holy Spirit communicated to me that it was by the Blood of Jesus Christ that I received the forgiveness of my sins. I repented of my sins and never looked back again to thoughts of Hell. I have failed God miserably throughout my Christian life, but it's not my performance that will get me into heaven. It is the Blood of Jesus Christ that covered me so long ago on my destined day of repentance.

Now, in our politically correct society, to mention Hell; or that someone, anyone might go there, is a taboo. Now everyone is going to Heaven. And, there apparently is more than one way to get there according to the pundits. I guess Jesus was lying in John 14:6, when He said, "I am the way , the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." If I didn't believe Jesus was telling the truth, I would not be writing this nor following Him.

Why then, are so many good people in the body of Christ following false teachings and indulging in Baal worship. It is simple there is a dearth of good solid bible teaching in most churches today. They don't want to be politically incorrect and offend people who might take themselves and their money elsewhere.

Unfortunately, this is not going to be an excuse before the throne of God. In our country most people have at least one bible in their home. Many have several copies in two or more translations. From my desk alone I can access 5 different bibles in 4 different translations. There is a sixth downstairs in another translation. I recently gave away one of my bibles. In my car I have a small Gideon New Testament with Psalms and Proverbs. I also have a Smith's Bible Dictionary, Reader's Digest Atlas of the Bible and a Strong's Concordance. Not to mention what is at my fingertips from the keyboard of my computer via the internet. There is also some good solid bible teaching on Christian TV and radio. So, how was I planning to justify my lapse before God? I wasn't because I didn't know I was in error! I sincerely thought God would applaud my efforts!

Where is all this leading the body of Christ? Revelation and the state of the seven churches as detailed by Jesus Christ to John clarifies our destinations.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hallo!!! I WOS INVOLVED IN THE SAME CHURCH FOR 5YR AND I FIND OUTH THAT IT IS BAALS,BAALZEBUBS SPIRIT CHRISTIANITY IS NOT GENUINE TRUE GOD OF ABRAHAM AND ISRAEL IS NOT PERSENT IN CHRISTIAN MOVEMENT AND IN MESSIANIC JEWS BELIEVERS GOOD LACK!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Entering the Gates and Courts of God

Pact with the Devil? Null and Void!! How?

What is in a name? "Twilight's" name game.