Reflections

I often reflect back to that time when I was lead off into Baal worship. I didn't say one day "I think I'll covenant with Baal and forget God." I was just seduced.

There has been so much confusion in Christendom for decades. The frustration of trying to find a place to fit was probably a driving force. Church after church left much to be desired and if we were lucky to find a church then some action would cause us to have to look for another. Usually, a transfer to another city or circumstances that made the drive too far.

I hadn't watched Christian television for years. Probably since the 80's. Then through a series of events I found myself watching Christian television once again. I have to say that was a huge mistake. It's where I found many of the ministries I began to partner with. I connected to these various "men of God" I begin to introduce others to these ministries, buy their books, get their CDs, sign up for their training classes, go to their conferences and look for others who also followed them. I would say that being a partner and covenant are about the same. Through all these activities I was covenanting with Baal-berith.

I was signing on to be their disciple instead of a disciple of Jesus. Always a problem for mankind I think - following what we can see, instead of the One who sits on the Throne, Jesus Christ.

Did I know I was following Baal, indulging in pagan practices? NO!! I thought I was finding the deeper things of God. There was just one problem most of these practices are either a distortion of the Word of God or simply not found anywhere in the Word of God.

For example, where in the Word of God does the word labyrinth occur? I can't find it and it's not in Strong's Concordance. And yet I was on the verge of walking a labyrinth. I had received and invitation to do so and would have. But that coincided with the time that God ripped the scales off my spiritual eyes and showed me what I was involved in. It was a horrible day on one hand and a glorious day on the other hand.

I will tell you where I found a reference to a labyrinth, Websters. According to Webster a labyrinth was built by Minos to confine the monster Minotaur (body of a man, head of a bull, how interesting). So, in this instance a labyrinth is a prison, a place of confinement. Why are Christians everywhere walking the labyrinth? Can you find in the bible where Jesus trained His disciple to walk a labyrinth?

My new attitude is if Jesus didn't do it, I'm going to try and not do it either! Easier said than done but at least I'm going to try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entering the Gates and Courts of God

Pact with the Devil? Null and Void!! How?

What is in a name? "Twilight's" name game.