Basics and Resources

I think at this point it is important to clarify my beliefs. I would also like to offer resources for those who are confused, looking for the truth and just plain starving for the Word of God.


Before I clarify my beliefs, I feel the necessity of demonstrating point of view. Anyone who has been trained in the criminal justice system is aware that witnesses always give varying accounts of what they observed. If there are 5 witnesses to an event, the officer recording those accounts will have 5 different accounts of the exact same event. The reasons are many - each person could have been standing in a different location and; therefore, the line of sight was different for each witness. One witness may be more attuned to sound, while another may be particularly aware of colors. It is very difficult to distinguish the details of another race and easiest to distinguish details of your own race. The list is infinite.


Apply this same standard to scripture and you begin to understand why there is so much disagreement about what is written in the bible.


This is my belief about the written Word of God as contained in the canon of scripture found in the King James Bible. I believe the bible is the inerrant Word of God from

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Straight through to

Revelation 22:21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.


I believe there is a difference between the day of God's wrath as found in Revelation 6:17 "For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?" And the persecution of the church as described by Jesus in

John 16:2 "They will put you out of the synagogues; yes, the time is coming that whoever kills you will think that he offers God service."

The church at large has been suffering the persecution of mankind since its conception. I believe the day of wrath is reserved for the Godless and ungodly as outlined in

Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness.

I do not believe God's wrath is for the church as stated in

I Thessalonians 5:9 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.

I believe the events Jesus Christ dictated to the Apostle John in Revelation are actual events that will happen in the very near future. Some were also happening in the churches at the time of John's writings. The rest will happen just as Jesus dictated.

I believe in a pre-tribulation rapture as referenced throughout the bible, I Corinthians 15:51-54; I Thessalonians 4:15-18; Isaiah 26:20,21. I believe in the probability of an additional mid-tribulation rapture due to the 7th Chapter of Revelation.

I love Israel and the Jewish people. I believe they must be saved just like gentiles through the Blood of Yeshua (Jesus). I believe as gentiles we often lose sight of the fact that the original church was started by a Jew and continued by Jews and contained mostly Jews who observed the feast days just as Yeshua (Jesus) did. Yeshua (Jesus) did not come to destroy the law but to fulfill the law,

Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill."



I also believe that God made a covenant with Avraham, Yitz'chak and Ya'akov (Abraham, Isaac and Jacob) concerning the nation of Israel. These covenants can be found in Genesis Chapter 12, 15, 17 for Abraham and Isaac. God's covenant with Jacob is in Genesis 28:10-22. And I believe we are in the time that God will bring that covenant to fulfillment.


Exodus 31:16,17 'Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. 17 'It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.'"

God made many promises to the Jewish people. They are recorded throughout the bible. God is not a promise breaker but a promise keeper. My salvation rest on God's promise that if I believe on Jesus Christ I will be saved. If I believe that, then I also have to believe everything He promised the Jews He will also fulfill. I do not believe the church has replaced the Jew in the canon of scripture.

Resources for the confused, searchers for truth and the starving:

Chuck Missler, Koinonia House - Chuck is one of the most thorough awesome bible teachers I have ever listened to. You can google his video's on You Tube and Google Videos and you can go straight to his website at khouse.org and listen to archived and current teachings on the word of God.


Jan Markel at Olive Tree Ministries has a live radio show that brings you up to date topics concerning Christians in the spiritual and political arenas. From Jan's website you will be able to visit many other websites of interest to the body of Christ.


Billy Crone from Frontier Bible Church has an awesome video series on You Tube entitled the Final Countdown.


The above listed sources are just a few of the websites that I glean from. They do not know me from Adam and have not asked me to post their info on my blog. There are many good teachers available on the internet but as always make sure it lines up with scripture.

Comments

Anonymous said…
THE BEST RAPTURE LOCATER

Guess what. If you can figure out when the "sudden destruction" of wicked persons takes place in I Thess. 5:3, and when "death" is ended in I Cor. 15:54, you will know where to place the rapture on your prophecy chart because those passages talk about the "times and seasons" (and the "when" and "then" ) of the rapture! Neat, huh?
Hummingbird said…
I think the awesome thing about the things of God are the unknown factors. I believe we can discern the season of the rapture but not the day nor the hour, Matthew 24:36.

What I find fascinating is all the scriptures that hint at the rapture. Such as Zephaniah 2:3 Seek the Lord, all you meek of the earth, Who have upheld His justice. Seek righteousness, seek humility. It may be that you will be hidden in the day of the Lord's anger. And Habakkuk 3:17 For even if the fig tree doesn't blossom, and no fruit is on the vines, even if the olive tree fails to produce, and the fields yield no food at all, even if the sheep vanish from the sheep pen, and there are no cows in the stalls; still, I will rejoice in Adonai(Complete Jewish Bible).

What are the deeper meanings? God's ways are so far above our ways and His thoughts so far above our thoughts. What a pleasure to serve Him!!

Popular posts from this blog

Entering the Gates and Courts of God

Pact with the Devil? Null and Void!! How?

What is in a name? "Twilight's" name game.