Entering the Gates and Courts of God

Psalm 100 Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands. 2 Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing. 3 Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. 4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. 5 For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
Where are the gates and courts of God? When I was a young woman we used to sing this Psalm during praise and worship. It was such a wonderful experience to sing God's word back to Him. So, all my life I thought that the gates and courts of God were in a heavenly place and that spiritually speaking I would enter to praise and make supplication/pray to God. Lately, though I have gotten into the habit of saying that 4th verse of the 100th Psalm before my personal devotions and prayer time. Then I begin to ponder one day, "Where are the gates and courts of God?" This thought led me down a meandering path. I suddenly realized that what I was holding in my hand was the Gates and Courts of God. Let me explain.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:14 and the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Jesus Christ is the Word of God. Therefore, the written Word of God is also a form of Jesus Christ. Technically, therefore; Genesis and Revelation could be considered the Gates of God and everything in between the Courts of God. Genesis tells us the beginning of God's interaction with our planet and mankind. Revelation tells us the ending of God's interaction with our planet and mankind. Everything in between is the courts and that helps us understand the gates. A gate gives you entrance and a court is the place were you flesh out the details of a case. The first time I realized Jesus Christ is the Word of God and technically the Bible was Jesus Christ in ink and paper, I was totally humbled. The day I realized the Bible was the gates and courts of God I was overjoyed. Jesus admonished us in
Matthew 7:13-14 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Jesus identifies himself as the gates through which we find the narrow way in
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Next we find that Jesus is our advocate in the courts of God.
I John 2:1-5 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. 3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 He that saith, I know him and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
It is the Word of God in written format that not only condemns us but saves us. By the Law of God we are condemned and by the crucifixion of Jesus Christ we are saved. In just a very few years there is going to be a new heaven and a new earth (Revelation 21.) Prior to that event; however, the worst events in the history of mankind are going to take place. Our technology and modern advancements will not be able to save mankind. You can escape those coming events now by simply acknowledging your sins and receiving your free gift of pardon through the Blood of Jesus Christ. Then get your hands on a Bible, preferrably the King James Version, and begin to read the truth of what is really going on in our world.
James 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
You want to know God? It is necessary to open your bible and enter the Gates with thanksgiving and the Courts with praise. Last time I read the Bible through I actually started with both Genesis and Revelation reading from each "gate" each day and met in the middle till I had completed the Bible once again. It is the most wonderful book in the world!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pact with the Devil? Null and Void!! How?

What is in a name? "Twilight's" name game.