"Twilight's" Puff of Smoke

I am always surprised at where things lead me. When I was reading the "Twilight Saga" I promised myself that no matter how inconsequential something seemed I would highlight it and research it later. Sometimes I would get so caught up in the story I would forget to highlight and would have to go back through that section. Page 87 had two sections that caught my eye, the first is "It was hard to believe that someone so beautiful could be real. I was afraid that he might disappear in a sudden puff of smoke, . . ." The second movie "New Moon" acutally showed Edward disappearing as a puff of smoke.



Running the reference on smoke in the bible led me of all places to the description of leviathan in Job 41. I was stunned at how much of the description reminded me of the vampires of "Twilight." You can read Job 41 for yourself but here are some of the descriptions Job 41:3 Will he make many supplications unto thee? will he speak soft words unto thee? 9. Behold, the hope of him is in vain: shall not one be cast down even at the sight of him. 24. His heart is as firm as a stone; yea, as hard as a piece of the nether millstone. 33. Upon earth there is not his like, who is made without fear. 34. He beholdeth all high things: he is a king over all the children of pride. This passage of scripture actually describes a beast that reminds one of a dragon. It is interesting to note that Vlad the Impaler was a member of the "Order of the Dragon," which was founded to protect of all things Christianity from the Ottoman Empire expansion. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlad_III_the_Impaler It is also ironic that Robert Pattinson according to geneaology researchers is a descendant of Vlad the Impaler. http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/twilight_star_has_bloodline_to_dracula_qLn7hk5xUWxQ006jt6SqYL Page 87 also contains the statement "I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly." This statement leads us straight back to Isaiah 14:13-14 and the five I wills of Lucifer. 1. I will ascend into heaven, 2. I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: 3. I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 4. I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; 5. I will be like the most High. There are several scenes that remind me of this passage of scripture in Isaiah. There of course is the scene where Edward goes to the top of the mountain out of the clouds to reveal his terrible awesome beauty. Then there is the scene where he takes Bella to the top of the tree. She says something along the lines of this can't be real and Edward's response is, "it is in my world." And finally the dance scene at the end of the movie with all the lights in the gazebo twinkling like stars and reflected in the water -- is a reference to the concept of "as above, so below," which I belive is part of the masonic teachings. Stars in the bible often refer to the angelic host and clouds can refer to the saints of God. In that final scene when Edward bent over Bella seemed to indicate Satan's fall from Heaven. Are you starting to get the picture that this book is about something beside an innocuous do good vampire and his teenage love interest?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entering the Gates and Courts of God

Pact with the Devil? Null and Void!! How?

What is in a name? "Twilight's" name game.