Breaking Dawn Part 2 - a review

Finally, it is over and forever is no more!  What can I say about the "twilight saga" that I haven't said before?  I don't know.  I sat in the theater Friday watching the previews for what is coming down the movie pike and realized that it all looked like an ad-fest for the coming Tribulation and those that will be left behind - no really people will be left behind.

So, will there be genetic enhancements available for those that will take the mark of the beast?  Is "twilight" a preview of what you can enjoy with your genetic enhancements?  Truly, who wouldn't want to leap over river gorges in a single bound and scale a sheer face cliff in a moments time?  Being a nature lover it would be totally awesome to hear and see and smell like never before.  To sense every nuance of the world around me would be a gift.

But what of the cost -- is hell worth the price of that -- especially, since as a Christian I will gain that for free because of the gift of Jesus Christ that I received.

Back to the movie: Bella was born to be a vampire.  Funny, none of the other Cullen's felt that way.  They wished they had a choice, wouldn't wish their life on others, refused to live off human blood for the most part, worried about their immortal souls.  Even the oldest Volturri secretly welcomed death and a release from the morbid entrapment of vampirism.  Vampirism, hopelessness that stretches on for eternity unless your head is removed and your body torn apart and burned.  At least that's the story line.  But reality, lost souls will truly spend and endless eternity in hell.   

Bella's line that no one would ever love Edward the way she did, certainly didn't transcend into the real world of Kristen Stewart and Rob Pattinson.  Apparently, her love is only good till she succumbs to temptation and then not so much.

And back to genetic enhancements when they truly come onto the commercial market of mankind - will they turn regular humans into fabulous beautiful vampire like creatures or will you find yourself on the "Island of Dr. Moreau?"

Go see the movie.  It's the end of the series but remember - in the end this series is antithesis to the Word of God.  Edward Cullen never was a type of "Jesus Christ" on any level.  Anyone who told you that is a bald faced deceived liar just trying to justify a good reason to go see something their flesh craved but felt their "religion" forbid.

Did I enjoy the movie - I can't really tell you.  My husband accompanied me and he started with a snide comment.  I had to point out to him that there was a good possibility he would be attacked by all the women in the theater - a goodly number - or at the very least asked to leave.  He would have rather been sitting in Red Dawn.  So, kudos to my husband for sitting through the movie with me.  Then I had to ride home with Smeagol (my husband is very good with imitating voices) who mocked the movie all the way home.     

Mockery is a good word to describe the "twilight saga" et al.  I love my humanity.  I love growing old with my husband.  One day if Jesus Christ does not come in my lifetime, I will die and be buried.  However, whether death or life I am assured of an eternal existence in a glorified body.  That glorified body will never grow old, it will never experience decay, I will be perfect in every way.

Who needs vampires? No One.  Who needs Jesus Christ - EVERYONE.

Good luck to all the cast, crew and fans . . . but above all things may each of you make sure of your salvation and eternal living place - HEAVEN or hell? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entering the Gates and Courts of God

Pact with the Devil? Null and Void!! How?

What is in a name? "Twilight's" name game.