Hebrew Roots, World War Z and the Mark of the Beast

Recently, I had a run in with a person involved in the Hebrew Roots Movement.  This was not my first encounter with people following this movement.

Before I go down this road it is only right that I put out a disclaimer.  First, in the pursuit of "God" I have done some crazy, crazy things.  I've been lead astray by the prosperity gospel, the signs and wonders movement, been in seeker sensitive and decree a thing.  I have danced myself into exhaustion while waving banners in hopes that a supernatural manifestation would occur.  I walked in circles praying in tongues hoping angels would show up. I have fallen for the liars that said gemstones, gold dust and feathers were falling from the sky.  I have to face facts, I'm just a gullible fool.

So, when I say I thank Jesus Christ for having mercy on me and opening my eyes to my own foolishness, I am incredibly sincere!!

Back to the Hebrew Roots movement.  My husband and I have participated in a couple of Passover Seders.  One was led by a Jewish Rabbi at a Christian church with both Jews and Christians in attendance.  One led by a Messanic Rabbi with only Messanic Jews and Christians in attendance.   And we've had our own Passover meal in our home a time or two.  I've studied at a synagogue on Saturdays for about 10 weeks with a Jewish Rabbi and his congregants along with a few Christians.  My husband and I both have prayer shawls, shofars and I have a seder plate.  For a time we observed Shabbat; somewhat, to the extent we lighted the Shabbat candles and we would take Shabbat to have communion.  And we have blown our shofars on Rosh Hashanah, fasted on Yom Kippur.  But that's about as Hebrew Roots as we have ever been.

Our first encounter with true devotees of this movement was interesting to say the least.  We frequented a little shop that sold goods from Israel.  And of course our conversation would always turn to things biblical.  Eventually, we were invited to a bible study that was held in their shop on Friday evening.  The first thing we noticed was their special pronunciation of Jesus' name in Hebrew but sometimes they said Yashua and then other times it sounded like they said something else like Yashaua.  I'm not quite sure but it was different.  Any time I said something that went against the grain I was corrected by the wife of the leader and she was rather mean spirited about it.  I can play games as well as anyone else but I do need to know the rules and this was a game I did not know nor understand.  We just quit going because we thought they were a little off the beam, okay a lot off the beam.  Their level was not on the bubble.

Recently, I posted the ten commandments on my social media page and pointed out that no man can obey the law.  I then proceeded to proclaim my thankfulness for the free gift of salvation that I had received by the grace of God through the Blood of Jesus Christ and His work of the cross.  You can imagine how shocked I was to be told I was wrong.  Not just plain old wrong, but terribly wrong!

Well, this was my page and it was my posting, so we went round and round with me putting up huge passages of scripture proving my point, that salvation is by grace alone and not through anything that man can do for himself.  The person debating me constantly ripped small portions of passages from all over the bible or paraphrased or just gave their thoughts on the matter without giving adequate scriptural support.  It was a fruitless endeavor to argue with them.  So, I brought the whole matter to an end by declaring an impasse. 

After this I listened to hours of apologetics concerning the Hebrew Roots movement.  Let's suffice it to say they do not embrace the whole counsel of God from Genesis to Revelation and every book in between.  They pick and choose the portions they want and delete the rest. Basically, according to Hebrew Roots you must obey the law (which no man can do) and observe the feasts in addition to receiving Jesus Christ.

My recommendation is stay completely away from the Hebrew Roots Movement.

World War Z - well I'm not much into Zombies.  I must confess that I have played Plants vs. Zombies but I am no fan of Zombie Movies not since the first one I saw with Vincent Price, Day of the Living Dead or was that Night of the Living Dead?  I don't like Zombies.  However, my nephew, was down for the weekend on business and wanted to see the movie, so I rented it from on demand and we watched the freak show.  There was only one thing I took away from that movie and that was the fact that the only zombie free zone in the whole world was Israel.  They were safe and secure behind their walls and then sudden destruction came upon them fulfilling end times prophecy.

I Thessalonians 5:2-3 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Just another movie in a long long line of movies salivating for the end of humanity and destruction of the earth.

Finally, the mark of the beast, was the recent topic on a Christian news website I listen to almost daily or did.  I heard a man that I respected to a certain degree for his knowledge of end times events say that he thought people could be saved even if they took the mark of the beast.

Here are the pertinent biblical passages about those who take the Mark of the Beast in Revelation and those that do not.

Revelation 14:9-11 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, 10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:  11 and the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Revelation 15:2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

Revelation 16:2 And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.

Revelation 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image.  These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

It is quite evident to me that taking the mark of the beast is an everlasting punishment that cannot be undone.  So, no matter what you hear, if you have the great misfortune to be left behind during the tribulation - it is better to be beheaded and be resurrected to an eternal life in a glorified body than to take the mark of the beast which leads to eternal torment and endure the noisome and grievous sore poured out from the vial of the angel.

If you don't read your bible, you are going to be led astray!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entering the Gates and Courts of God

Pact with the Devil? Null and Void!! How?

What is in a name? "Twilight's" name game.