The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - a review

I don't remember how old I was when I first read The Hobbit and The Lord of the Ring trilogy . . . but I was totally enamored of them.  When the animated movie of The Hobbit was released with Orson Bean giving voice to Bilbo Baggins, well, I was thrilled. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077687/

But nothing can express the anticipation I felt waiting for The Lord of the Rings Trilogy to arrive in full living color to the big screen!!

The anticipation of "The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey" was nothing to compare with the LoR trilogy and so it arrived a little unexpected for me.  I was informed that it too, was going to be a trilogy . . . I got out my book looked at the 19 chapters and the 308 pages and said no way . . . and it was with a little disappointment that I went to see the first movie knowing I would not get the entire story in one sitting.

Despite the wait and the disappointment of knowing I wouldn't view the whole story; I came away once again enamored and now I eagerly anticipate the next movie!!

Why does simple, uncomplicated, reticent Bilbo Baggins claim our hearts?  He is no hero and quite frankly most of us are not, but like Bilbo, we all hope that if the occaision arises we will find there is a hero in each one of us.

My favorite part of the movie was the Dwarf Song it is wonderful and I am putting two links to the songs.  The first link is the full theme "Song of the Lonely Mountain" and the second is a link to the dwarves singing "Misty Mountains Cold" in Bilbo's home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zakVfDY0xZk


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McwXxJ54t30

If you haven't already seen the movie go and see it but remember it is approximately 2 hours and 40 minutes . . . so don't drink a lot during the movie are you will miss part of it for a bathroom break.

And remember if you want to find the hero inside of yourself . . . treat others with kindness and the helpless that are under your control - - small children, elderly parents, a handicapped person, those sick or wounded, your pets etc. . .  be their hero.  They can't function without you.

Humans, we look to great and majestic heights to be heroes out of proportion with life.  It is the rare person that gets that opportunity and often pays with their life.  In this age it is the mundane tasks that provide for heroism.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entering the Gates and Courts of God

Pact with the Devil? Null and Void!! How?

What is in a name? "Twilight's" name game.