I have been absent from my blog for quite some time.  Much has happened.  Last July while vacationing with our family in Gulf Shores, Alabama the thought occurred to me, why are we living in the suburbia of Houston, Texas?

We have vacationed along the section of the Gulf Coast referred to as the Emerald Coast for over 30 years.  I have actually never visited the public beaches of the area.  David and I were sitting at the Hangout overlooking the Gulf Shores public beach.  I thought, "Wow, the public beaches are just as beautiful as the private beaches."  A silly thought I know, since they are all the same beaches.  On the way back to Texas I asked my husband, a native Texan, how he would feel about moving to Gulf Shores.  Shockingly, he said, "I'm up for that!"  We discussed it all the way home.  We already had a trip to Aruba planned for October to celebrate my 60th birthday followed by the holiday season.  We decided we would pray about it for the remainder of 2016 and see how we felt in January of 2017.

In January, we had made our decision and begin to get our home in Texas ready to list for sale.  By the time we were ready to put the house on the market, the real estate market in our area had gone insane.  Houses were selling the first day with multiple offers.  We decided we had to secure a home in Gulf Shores before listing our house.

In the end we put an offer on a home in Gulf Shores in mid April, listed our home when we returned.  Sold our home twice (one offer fell through when the buyers were transferred to Dallas).  Turned around and sold it again with a better offer. 

We arrived in Gulf Shores with our three rescue cats in tow and moved into our new home on June 23rd.

It's been an amazing whirlwind and we are still in the middle of a huge renovation project.  We hope that our renovations will be completed soon and that we can finally settle down to our new life in a small tourist town.  It's kind of crazy and bizarre here when the tourist are in town but this has been the best idea I ever had.

We love living here on the island.  The locals are wonderful and now we are one of "them."

We thank God every day for allowing us to downsize and simplify our lives.  Hopefully, soon I will be able to give my attention back to this blog and encouraging people to stay faithful to God and His Word and warning against the wolves among the sheepfold.

Keep looking up our redemption draws closer everyday!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Entering the Gates and Courts of God

Pact with the Devil? Null and Void!! How?

What is in a name? "Twilight's" name game.